Tuesday, October 20, 2009

News Flash!

Ok, so I apologize for yet another late review. I've been pretty busy lately and this is still more or less a one man show. Mount Snow had a nice weekend, raising over $5,000 and 1500 food items for donation to their local food pantry. Nice job guys, good karma for you. Hopefully Mother Nature will send some chilly weather (and possibly...snow?) their way so they can open things up again for another weekend soon. Meanwhile, things are shifting gears farther up north as Stowe prepares for its opening date of 11/21; get Stowked...

In recent news for ECGR, things are moving forward. I've been reviewing some sticker designs and logo submissions from friends and tweaking them. Hopefully we'll have a functioning web logo within the next week or so and some gnarly stickers (matte black die-cuts...just wait) to boot. These will (hopefully) be ready in preparation for Champlain Ski and Ride Club's preseason rail jam on November 6th. I haven't placed an order for the stickers yet, so hit me up and I'll make sure I set a few aside for anyone who wants a free one, otherwise look for them at upcoming events in the Burlington area. Until then, just feast your eyes on this one-of-a-kind gold die-cut East Coast Gear Reviews sticker. If there's a demand for this design I might even bring it back after the initial black-out design is released, just let me know and I'll listen.
So getting back to the blog itself, you can expect to start reading some "certified" (author and gear approved by yours truly) guest reviews from other riders I know and ladies, I haven't forgotten you: expect to start seeing some female-specific reviews soon from the best of the best. East Coast Gear Reviews is growing and you, the readers, can help direct me (us) on which direction you want this blog to take. This blog is powered by the input of its readers, so be active and let us know what you want to hear about and when. Earlier tonight someone texted me asking for advice on what boots to look into buying. I planned on having a guest review of the 32 "Lashed" boots sometime later in the season; now I'm going to shoot for making that the next review. I'm in this because its my passion and I want to help out other riders and maybe even learn a thing or two myself in the process. So, to cut short my rambling: give me your input, tell me what you want to hear about and be a part of helping this blog grow.


Oh, yea by the way, get stoked for this board. I know I can't wait to ride mine...any guesses?

4 comments:

  1. pretty sick bro. id like to claim one of those stickers. by the way i saw the new oakley SPLICE goggles, they're nasty. they might have to be reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro, you can have a few of those stickers. I'll set a few aside and bring them home with me over thanksgiving break. As far as reviewing some Splices, put me in touch with someone who has them and I'll make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i jst watched Forever, the new Forum video and it saw amazing! it blew my mind. i would suggest reviewing one of the new videos that have come out this season cuz there have been a ton of sick new videos so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a possibility. If there's a strong demand for it I'll definitely look into a video review section as well. As of right now I'm trying to focus things on hardgoods and actual gear because that's what people initially voted on, but that could change too.

    ReplyDelete